Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Current trading environment


Well, it has been a while. This current environment has been getting the best of me, because of a lack of discipline on my part. The downtrend that we saw start right after Christmas really put me to sleep. I was so content to sit on my hands, that I did not take the normal day to day actions and tasks that I should have. By sitting and waiting, I did not watch for new opportunities as I should have.

In any case, I missed some good trades, but am determined to not let that happen again. I did take some resent trades with SINA and ASTI, but the Nas was pretty extended, and the environment was high risk. The trades went nowhere as the general market reversed. I have been finding that when I align my trades to what the market is doing, specifically, the Nasdaq, the odds of success increase greatly.


I have an order in for SPWR, which has formed a nice decline, finding support at the 38% fib value, as well as both the 50 day and 200 day EMA's. Here's hoping that the channel breaks to the upside. Feel free to click on the image for a clear, and larger view.

Here's hoping for better days ahead, and Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: